Install custom ROM RemICS-JB on Samsung Galaxy S running Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.Jelly Bean ROMs are currently in development stage so their might be bugs.
Features of RemICS-JB ROM
new Android Base 4.1.1 JellyBean
new ROM base Helly_Bean
new Devil kernel
Touchwiz removed (not working with JellyBean)
custom Apex Launcher added
Devil Kernel Config updated
Update Me App added
new CWM Script
NSTools added for OC
OI Filemanager added
50MB less size
S3 like UI
S3 sounds & wallpaper
The ROM will work only for Samsung Galaxy S Model number i9000 and not on any other device.To check the Model of your device go to Settings >> About phone
We cannot be held responsible for loss of data or any damage done to your device while following the mentioned guide.
Before installing RemICS-JB on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 make sure that your device is on XXJW4 firmware and rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed.Take a backup of your data, apps and settings as the process will lead to wiping off your data.
Also Read: Install CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) ROM Jelly Bean Android 4.1 For Galaxy S 3
1. Install the latest version of ROM from here and copy .zip file to the internal SD card of device without extracting.
2. Turn off device and boot into CWM recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home buttons till screen turns on.
3. Select the option “wipe data/factory reset” and select “Yes” to wipe off the data.
4. Select “install zip from sdcard” and “choose zip from sdcard” by navigating to the downloaded ROM file on the SD card and select to confirm installation.The ROM will start installing.
5. After installation is complete “go back” to the main recovery menu and select “reboot system now” to reboot device.
You have installed RemICS-JB Jelly Bean ROM on Samsung Galaxy S.