Samsung Galaxy S 3 GT-I9300 has received official CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM.CM10 ROM brings some great features of latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean such as better voice recognition and search, smoother interface, improved notifications,better touch based keyboard along with some other features.
CM10 is still in early stage and there might be bugs and some features such as FM radio is not working, camera is currently unstable and Wi-Fi tethering is semi-broken along with some other issues.However, if you still want to install CyanogenMod 10 on your Samsung Galaxy S 3 then here are the steps –
Before you proceed further it should be clear that the steps mentioned here are only for Samsung Galaxy S 3 Model GT-I9300 and not for US model and the steps can be risky and in no way we can be held responsible for loss of data or damage to your device.
1. Back up all data,apps,settings,contacts,call logs and your device has minimum of 50% battery charge.
2. Install official CM9 ROM on your device if you don’t have already installed.You can download official CM 9 ROM from here.
3. In this step you will be required to download latest version of CM10 Android 4.1.1 ROM from official page here.
4. Download the Google Apps Package from here
5. Transfer the .Zip file of CM10 and Google Apps Package which was downloaded in the above steps to your device internal SD card without extracting them.
5. Now, turn your device off and enter into ClockworkMod recovery by holding down Volume Up, Home and then Power buttons simultaneously until the screen turns on.
6. Select “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then select “confirm” and wait till the procedure gets completed.
7. Select “Install Zip from SDCard” and then “Choose ZIP from SDCard”.
8. Select .zip file of the CyanogenMod 10 ROM on the SD card and confirm to install by selecting “Yes – Install _____.zip”.
9. Install the .zip file of the Google Apps Package by following the way CM10 ROM is installed in above mentioned steps.
10. Now, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot your device into CM10.
You have now just installed CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean ROM on International Samsung Galaxy S3 Model Number I9300!